It is the City's mission to provide clean and safe drinking water to all residents and businesses. Water is used for in-home uses, outdoor watering, businesses, and fire suppression.
Water Quality Report Click here
It is the City's responsibility to take waste water from homes and businesses, convey it to the City of Springfield, MO a treatment plant and "treat it".
Trash Service is mandatory. Trash Service is billed monthly and included on your utility billing.
Service is provided by Republic Services. Republic Service's Automated Collection System makes trash and recycling collection more efficient, safe, and sanitary than bag and bin collection systems. Strafford residents are provided a 95-gallon recycle cart (recycling is optional) to roll your waste out to the curb on your regular trash and recycle collection day (recycle is serviced every other week). Trash is collected on Wednesday. New carts are delivered on Thursdays, Recycle schedule will be every other week.
Your monthly Trash service charges are as follows:
- Cart Service $12.50 per month
- Senior Cart Service $11.55 per month (65 and over)
- Recycle Bin at no additional charge. Recycling Information. Click here
We have scheduled your meter to be read approximately the same day every month. It may be necessary to vary from this date due to holidays or unexpected circumstances. Safe access to the meter helps us provide you with accurate billings.
Customers are charged for using water, please see the rate sheet amounts, (water) click here, and waste water rates, please see the sheet amounts (sewer) click here.
Yearly Sewer Averaging
Customers are averaged yearly during the months of January, February, and March of each year, the sewer is based on these months water consumption, these months typically have the least water consumed in comparison to the Spring and Summer months.
- The calculation is as follows: Take the first three months water consumption divide it by three, apply sewer rate. This new charge will be what the customer will pay monthly for the year. If there is a sewer rate increase during that year the charge will increase.
Your first year of sewer will be on a rolling average of your monthly water reads, until the next January, February, March averaging occurs.
Deposits are held in the customer's account and applied to any balance owing when the customer moves. If customer moves within the city the deposit will be transferred to the new account and balance owing of prior account also.
- Renters: $165.00 (Water $75.00, Sewer $75.00, Trash $15.00)
- Homeowners: $115.00 (Water $50.00, Sewer $50.00, Trash $15.00)
FOR AFTER HOURS MAINTENANCE AND WEEKEND UTILITY EMERGENCIES CALL
- Police Department: (417) 736-4000 or 911
- Maintenance Supervisor: (417) 736-2154
- An "After Hours" Charge May Apply