Does Strafford have a curfew for children?
It is unlawful for citizens under the age of seventeen (17) to be in or upon any public place in city limits between the hours of 12:01 a.m. and 06:00 a.m.
Exceptions include: those accompanied by a parent or guardian, or those commuting directly to and from a place of employment or an organized school or religious function.
The parent or guardian of the juvenile shall not knowingly permit the child to violate the curfew. The parent or guardian is responsible for the care and supervision of the child during curfew hours.
If a child is located violating the curfew, the parent or guardian will be notified immediately to take possession of the minor child. A written warning will be mailed to the address informing the parent/guardian of the violation and subsequent punishment. The letter will be held on file with the Strafford Police Department in the event of a second notice.
A second notice will include a citation from the Strafford Police Department issued to the parent or guardian of the juvenile.
Any questions regarding curfew regulations can be directed to the Strafford Police Department.
What are the fireworks regulations within the city limits of Strafford
The detonation of fireworks is allowed within the following guidelines:
Citizens may not:
1. Set up retail sales or displays of fireworks within two hundred fifty (250) feet of a fuel storage tank or gasoline service station.
2. Detonate fireworks within two hundred fifty (250) feet of a service station or a fuel storage tank.
3. Detonate fireworks within two hundred fifty (250) feet of a fireworks display stand.
4. Detonate fireworks within two hundred fifty (250) feet of a public meeting or a religious service.
5. Detonate fireworks in any manner that will constitute a public nuisance.
6. Detonation of fireworks is prohibited between the hours of 11:00 pm and 06:00 am with the exception of July 4 and December 31 when detonation of fireworks is prohibited between the hours of 01:00 am and 06:00 am of the following day.